About PTE Academic Test
The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) is the world’s leading computer-based English language test trusted by universities, colleges and governments around the world; and is used to measure English language proficiency for study/work abroad or immigration purposes.
PTE Academic is a 3-hour long Computer-based integrated skills test that measures a candidate's ability in the four modules - Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking - designed with an objective to test two skills together.
Effective Nov 2021, PTE test format is announced to be changed. Some of the prominent changes include reducing the test time to 2 hours, upgraded test report format, and the launch of online, human-proctored PTE Home Edition.
Speaking & Writing
PTE Test Format
Part 1: Speaking & Writing
- Duration: 77–93 minutes
- Seven different question types
- Tests Speaking and Writing skills, in an Academic English setting.
Part 2: Reading
- Duration: 32–40 minutes
- Five different question types
- Tests reading skills of the test taker in integration with the writing skills
Part 3: Listening
- Duration: 45 to 57 minutes
- Eight different question types
- Tests Listening skills of the candidate using various question types.
- Results are available in 2-5 days
- Passport is mandatory for applicants
- Not recommended for those aged below 16 years
- Non-restriction of gender, race, nationality or religion
- No Specific Academic Merit-based Criteria
- No Pass/Fail Result
- Candidates are scored on a scale of 10-90 (ranges - 85-90, 76-84, 59-75, 43–58, 30–42 and 10–29)